The Association of Model Submariners.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

* THE FORUM FOR ALL THOSE INTERESTED IN BUILDING AND OPERATING MODEL SUBMARINES *

Join the AMS - Registered Forum users can become members of the AMS and it's free ...... To join send an email with your name , address and phone number to amstreasure@googlemail.com

For a guide to past events see the "Shows and Events" section.

Papplewick Pumping Station SUBMARINE Day. 31st March - 1st April 2024.

$$$

&&&

::::

Who is online?

In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 180 on Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:03 am

Latest topics

» Information on camouflage patterns for German seahund
Selling my beloved Thunder Tiger Neptune. EmptyFri Mar 15, 2024 4:36 pm by david f

» WW2 mini sub build
Selling my beloved Thunder Tiger Neptune. EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 1:56 pm by geofrancis

» Not the hobby I expected :)
Selling my beloved Thunder Tiger Neptune. EmptySun Mar 10, 2024 6:30 pm by cat

» 868/915 Mhz as a viable frequency for submarines.
Selling my beloved Thunder Tiger Neptune. EmptyWed Mar 06, 2024 4:50 pm by tsenecal

» Sheerline gasket material
Selling my beloved Thunder Tiger Neptune. EmptyMon Feb 19, 2024 9:24 pm by Michaelc

» Choice of CAD software and Printer for 3D printing
Selling my beloved Thunder Tiger Neptune. EmptyThu Feb 15, 2024 1:53 pm by david f

» Engel Nautlus
Selling my beloved Thunder Tiger Neptune. EmptyTue Feb 13, 2024 9:15 am by palmert6

» RF 27/433MHz maximum depth in pools (1-5 ppm chlorine, 6-8pH)
Selling my beloved Thunder Tiger Neptune. EmptyThu Feb 08, 2024 2:05 pm by david f

» Arduino proportional control of a piston tank
Selling my beloved Thunder Tiger Neptune. EmptyThu Feb 08, 2024 1:37 pm by david f

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 12425 messages in 1980 subjects

We have 1003 registered users

The newest registered user is Stefan Udovenko КПДЮ

Selling my beloved Thunder Tiger Neptune.

Tom(ADMIN)
    AMS Forum Owner

Selling my beloved Thunder Tiger Neptune. Empty Selling my beloved Thunder Tiger Neptune.

Post  Tom(ADMIN) Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:02 am

Due to my health problems worsening, and not much hope of things improving in the near future, I've reluctantly decided to part with my Thunder Tiger Neptune. I can't lift it any longer and I'd rather sell it to someone who will use it rather than have it sat on my bookcase.

It's a Version 3 model, with all the uprated electronics fitted...esc, ballast system, power distribution board, all are the latest versions, as are the fail safe devices.

It has several other modifications, as you can see...the front dive planes have been replaced with those from a Robbe U-47, and the original front planes are now installed as the stern planes.

The bubble canopy has been replaced with a flat deck, and the extra details are two hatches from MBD X craft, MMB radar scanners, periscopes from plastic tubing, etc.

It has four CMB led searchlights fitted to the nose cone,(these will need wiring in, an easy job) and a single HiViz LED floodlamp. On the top deck is a 5mm red HiViz flashing led, these all run off a five cell AAA battery pack. A brass rod safety bar is fitted to the nose cone as well.

It will come with all the original paperwork, manuals, build instructions, magazines containing write ups on the model, and a host of stuff I've collected since I bought it. It also has the very useful s/steel carry handle which came with it, and the original battery charger.

Now complete with my Robbe F-14 transmitter with external crystal housing. I have fitted the short Robbe helical aerial, but I also have the original telescopic one.

It performs superbly, you can hover it at periscope depth if you wish, and she's as steady as a rock whilst running submerged.

Open to offers around the £400 mark, although a sensible offer won't be refused.

Collection from Polegate, near Eastbourne in East Sussex, or the buyer can arrange a courier to collect.

Selling my beloved Thunder Tiger Neptune. 22483610

(oh, almost forgot...there's a big heavy duty front safety cage made for the Neptune by my old mate Andy Oakley (tattooed on here) It's got all the fixing clips with it, but it will need cutting to size)

Rich
    Tom(ADMIN)
    AMS Forum Owner

Selling my beloved Thunder Tiger Neptune. Empty Re: Selling my beloved Thunder Tiger Neptune.

Post  Tom(ADMIN) Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:50 pm

Offers around £350 ish...
    Tom(ADMIN)
    AMS Forum Owner

Selling my beloved Thunder Tiger Neptune. Empty Re: Selling my beloved Thunder Tiger Neptune.

Post  Tom(ADMIN) Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:47 am

Neptune is now sold, she heads off to her new life in France next weekend.

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:44 am