The Association of Model Submariners.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

* THE FORUM FOR ALL THOSE INTERESTED IN BUILDING AND OPERATING MODEL SUBMARINES *

Join the AMS - Registered Forum users can become members of the AMS and it's free ...... To join send an email with your name , address and phone number to amstreasure@googlemail.com

For a guide to past events see the "Shows and Events" section.

Papplewick Pumping Station SUBMARINE Day. 31st March - 1st April 2024.

$$$

&&&

::::

Who is online?

In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 180 on Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:03 am

Latest topics

» Information on camouflage patterns for German seahund
Join The Association of Model Submariners EmptyFri Mar 15, 2024 4:36 pm by david f

» WW2 mini sub build
Join The Association of Model Submariners EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 1:56 pm by geofrancis

» Not the hobby I expected :)
Join The Association of Model Submariners EmptySun Mar 10, 2024 6:30 pm by cat

» 868/915 Mhz as a viable frequency for submarines.
Join The Association of Model Submariners EmptyWed Mar 06, 2024 4:50 pm by tsenecal

» Sheerline gasket material
Join The Association of Model Submariners EmptyMon Feb 19, 2024 9:24 pm by Michaelc

» Choice of CAD software and Printer for 3D printing
Join The Association of Model Submariners EmptyThu Feb 15, 2024 1:53 pm by david f

» Engel Nautlus
Join The Association of Model Submariners EmptyTue Feb 13, 2024 9:15 am by palmert6

» RF 27/433MHz maximum depth in pools (1-5 ppm chlorine, 6-8pH)
Join The Association of Model Submariners EmptyThu Feb 08, 2024 2:05 pm by david f

» Arduino proportional control of a piston tank
Join The Association of Model Submariners EmptyThu Feb 08, 2024 1:37 pm by david f

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 12425 messages in 1980 subjects

We have 1005 registered users

The newest registered user is Les

+2
Hermann
Kevin D
6 posters

Join The Association of Model Submariners

Kevin D

Join The Association of Model Submariners Empty Join The Association of Model Submariners

Post  Kevin D Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:42 pm

If you are already a registered forum user and would like to become a member of The Association of Model Submariners please click the link below and fill in your details on our membership form.

http://associationofmodelsubmariners.com/ams-membership-form.php

We look forward to welcoming you as an AMS member.
    Hermann
    Hermann
    AMS member

Join The Association of Model Submariners Empty Re: Join The Association of Model Submariners

Post  Hermann Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:41 pm

Dear Kevin,
    as a registered member of the AMS Forum (although I am much less active since I have become a grandfather) I have the question about the difference between the membership in the AMS Forum and the AMS Membership. Isn't it just the same? As a Forum member you are in fact already a member of the submarine modeller community (as you share the same mad enthusiasm with other guys). Or is there some other benefit and do you have to pay for?

Kind regards
    Klaus-Dieter (Nickname: Hermann)
    david f
    david f
    AMS Treasurer

Join The Association of Model Submariners Empty Re: Join The Association of Model Submariners

Post  david f Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:57 am

Hi Klaus-Dieter,

Yes they are very much the same and both free!

The changes reflect the impact of the internet on our Association which Nigel and the Committee have thought about for some time - principally that we can now do things for free that used to cost a lot of money (e.g magazine publishing)

We have an existing AMS membership who know and trust one another and we wanted to continue this but we also wanted to extend that community - hence you can now join the AMS online.

It is still very much a "work in progress" and we don't know how it will work out. One thing that might be nice in the future is if we can get new volunteers and maybe even vote on-line. The AMS has always been a democratic organisation but in recent years not enough people have been physically turning up to allow this to work. Maybe doing things online will make this work better?

So please join the AMS online or remain a valued Guest.

(I should perhaps say that I am expressing this as the former  Membership Secretary. Over to Kevin!)

David
    tattooed
    tattooed
    AMS member

Post  tattooed Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:15 pm

hi david
    i have to aggree with klaus how can you be a member on the forum but not a member of the AMS , i've just been looking at some of the profiles on the forum and i'd like you to tell me how i'm a member on here but only have the rank of guest where others who are on here have no rank at all .
    also while i'm on the subject how come Rich is only classed as a guest he built the site and was the forum admin if anyone has the right to be an AMS member it has to be rich , come on david get it sorted because it's not working at the moment

all the best
    Andy(tattooed)
    Hermann
    Hermann
    AMS member

Post  Hermann Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:21 pm

Hi David,

I have just sent a message to Kevin to join the AMS.

Kind regards
    Klaus-Dieter
    Tom(ADMIN)
    AMS Forum Owner

Post  Tom(ADMIN) Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:20 pm

tattooed wrote:hi david
    i have to aggree with klaus how can you be a member on the forum but not a member of the AMS , i've just been looking at some of the profiles on the forum and i'd like you to tell me how i'm a member on here but only have the rank of guest where others who are on here have no rank at all .
    also while i'm on the subject how come Rich is only classed as a guest he built the site and was the forum admin if anyone has the right to be an AMS member it has to be rich , come on david get it sorted because it's not working at the moment

all the best
    Andy(tattooed)

Hi Andy,
    As you most likely aware Richard gave up his membership of the AMS,I won't go into the reasons why he decided to do this,but to include him in the membership would be expressly against his wishes,should he wish to change that decision I for one would be most happy to include him in the membership.
    regards Nigele.

l
    david f
    david f
    AMS Treasurer

Post  david f Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:02 am

Hi All,

And so would I, for that matter. Speaking personally, I never actually wanted him to leave the AMS.
    At the end of the day, this is a hobby and people should enjoy it without taking things too much to heart.

So you all are very welcome to join the AMS (Click on this link and it's free!):

http://associationofmodelsubmariners.com/ams-membership-form.php

David
    David Austin
    AMS member

Join The Association of Model Submariners Empty membership

Post  David Austin Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:00 am

I have read the various comments re membership with interest. I have been a member of the AMS since its' first year as well as serving on the committee for 14 years in various roles including chairman and yet I am listed as a guest, very odd.
    david f
    david f
    AMS Treasurer

Post  david f Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:54 pm

Hi David,

Good to hear from you. Hope to see you again at Norwich in 2015 (Note that we have the new dates from Paul.)

Also pleased to see that Kevin has worked his magic and you have got your status back!

See you,

David
    David Austin
    AMS member

Join The Association of Model Submariners Empty Membership

Post  David Austin Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:14 pm

Well done Kevin it nice to have my correct status, in the great scheme of things I suppose it is not important, but for some reason it is to me.

It was good to see David f and Alf at Norwich this year, I hope to make the Sunday in 2015 so I can catch up with the rest of you.

David
    Kevin D

Post  Kevin D Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:53 pm

Hi David,

No problem and I look forward to meeting you in in Norwich in 2015.

Kevin

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:15 am