The Association of Model Submariners.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

* THE FORUM FOR ALL THOSE INTERESTED IN BUILDING AND OPERATING MODEL SUBMARINES *

Join the AMS - Registered Forum users can become members of the AMS and it's free ...... To join send an email with your name , address and phone number to amstreasure@googlemail.com

For a guide to past events see the "Shows and Events" section.

Papplewick Pumping Station SUBMARINE Day. 31st March - 1st April 2024.

$$$

&&&

::::

Who is online?

In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 180 on Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:03 am

Latest topics

» Information on camouflage patterns for German seahund
WTB. An OTW type V11,  a British "S" or "T" class or any other nicely detailed submarine. EmptyFri Mar 15, 2024 4:36 pm by david f

» WW2 mini sub build
WTB. An OTW type V11,  a British "S" or "T" class or any other nicely detailed submarine. EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 1:56 pm by geofrancis

» Not the hobby I expected :)
WTB. An OTW type V11,  a British "S" or "T" class or any other nicely detailed submarine. EmptySun Mar 10, 2024 6:30 pm by cat

» 868/915 Mhz as a viable frequency for submarines.
WTB. An OTW type V11,  a British "S" or "T" class or any other nicely detailed submarine. EmptyWed Mar 06, 2024 4:50 pm by tsenecal

» Sheerline gasket material
WTB. An OTW type V11,  a British "S" or "T" class or any other nicely detailed submarine. EmptyMon Feb 19, 2024 9:24 pm by Michaelc

» Choice of CAD software and Printer for 3D printing
WTB. An OTW type V11,  a British "S" or "T" class or any other nicely detailed submarine. EmptyThu Feb 15, 2024 1:53 pm by david f

» Engel Nautlus
WTB. An OTW type V11,  a British "S" or "T" class or any other nicely detailed submarine. EmptyTue Feb 13, 2024 9:15 am by palmert6

» RF 27/433MHz maximum depth in pools (1-5 ppm chlorine, 6-8pH)
WTB. An OTW type V11,  a British "S" or "T" class or any other nicely detailed submarine. EmptyThu Feb 08, 2024 2:05 pm by david f

» Arduino proportional control of a piston tank
WTB. An OTW type V11,  a British "S" or "T" class or any other nicely detailed submarine. EmptyThu Feb 08, 2024 1:37 pm by david f

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 12425 messages in 1980 subjects

We have 1005 registered users

The newest registered user is Les

4 posters

WTB. An OTW type V11, a British "S" or "T" class or any other nicely detailed submarine.

tobsam

WTB. An OTW type V11,  a British "S" or "T" class or any other nicely detailed submarine. Empty WTB. An OTW type V11, a British "S" or "T" class or any other nicely detailed submarine.

Post  tobsam Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:39 pm

After an absence of several years from the model submarine scene I would like to get another model sub and would be very interested in buying any of the following:-

An OTW type V11, a British "S" or "T" class or any other nicely detailed submarine.

Please let me know if you have anything that you are considering selling.

Thanks
    Steve
    tobsam

WTB. An OTW type V11,  a British "S" or "T" class or any other nicely detailed submarine. Empty Re: WTB. An OTW type V11, a British "S" or "T" class or any other nicely detailed submarine.

Post  tobsam Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:39 pm

As I am not having any luck at all finding an OTW or a British submarine  so does anyone have any model of sub for sale?

Thanks
    Steve
    willte

WTB. An OTW type V11,  a British "S" or "T" class or any other nicely detailed submarine. Empty Re: WTB. An OTW type V11, a British "S" or "T" class or any other nicely detailed submarine.

Post  willte Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:01 pm

there a nice HMS SUBMARINE TRAFALGAR CLASS  on e-bay for auction starting price £499
    tobsam

Post  tobsam Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:20 pm

Yes I have seen that one, thanks willte.
    I must admit that the trafalgar is not my favourite sub and would prefer something different so I will keep searching.

Thanks
    Steve
    Tom(ADMIN)
    AMS Forum Owner

Post  Tom(ADMIN) Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:20 pm

I might know of an original Darnell T class going...I'll chase it up tomorrow for you if you'd like?

Richard
    tobsam

Post  tobsam Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:01 am

Thank you Richard.
    That Would be great if you could please.
    tattooed
    tattooed
    AMS member

Post  tattooed Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:51 pm

hi steve
    A mate has just got a vanguard and was offered a T class at the same time for £245-00 which he decided not to buy if you'd like i could get the sellers e-mail and you can contact him
    tobsam

Post  tobsam Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:04 pm

Hi tattooed.
    Yes that would be great if you could find out the persons contact details please.
    I wonder if it is the same submarine that Richard was talking about.
    Perhaps you could pm me the details once you have them.

Many thanks
    Steve
    Tom(ADMIN)
    AMS Forum Owner

Post  Tom(ADMIN) Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:07 pm

Hi Steve,

Yes, it is the same on...my apologies, I forgot to ask Andy, and I've spoken to him twice on the phone today! Old age...memory loss...etc.

Richard
    tobsam

Post  tobsam Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:12 pm

NP Richard.

I have a similar problem but I have more of a "hair loss" rather than memory loss these days lol.

Any idea of the condition of this t class and any other info you know about it at all?

Thanks
    Steve
    tattooed
    tattooed
    AMS member

Post  tattooed Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:15 pm

think it's in good condition steve don't think it's got any internals BUT me and rich think the price is abit high i'll get more info for you on monday
    tobsam

Post  tobsam Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:58 pm

OK. Thanks guys.
    tobsam

Post  tobsam Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:23 pm

Still looking for a nicely detailed submarine, friend or foe and anything considered.

Thanks
    Steve
    Tom(ADMIN)
    AMS Forum Owner

Post  Tom(ADMIN) Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:00 pm

What happened about the other deal, Steve?

Rich
    tobsam

Post  tobsam Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:50 pm

Hi Mike,

I hope that you are not too bad at the moment.

I was really looking forward to buying that particular submarine and after speaking to Mike's wife and arranging to go along and view Mike's models I had very high hopes of buying that model.
    Unfortunately another 3rd party stepped in and told me I was not to go and see Mike's wife or view any of the models and if I wanted to buy any of them I would have to arrange it with him.
    Suddenly the price shot up to well above what I was prepared to pay or in my opinion what the submarine was actually worth so apart from a few pics I never actually got to see it.

I believe that the 3rd party hyped the price up so perhaps he would gain financially by selling the models on behalf of Mike's wife which I feel is not right at all. I am quite happy to pay a decent price for a submarine but I am not prepared to pay well over the odds for one.

Oh well I will just have to be patient and see what else comes up for sale.
    Tom(ADMIN)
    AMS Forum Owner

Post  Tom(ADMIN) Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:33 pm

tobsam wrote:Hi Mike,

I hope that you are not too bad at the moment.

I was really looking forward to buying that particular submarine and after speaking to Mike's wife and arranging to go along and view Mike's models I had very high hopes of buying that model.
    Unfortunately another 3rd party stepped in and told me I was not to go and see Mike's wife or view any of the models and if I wanted to buy any of them I would have to arrange it with him.
    Suddenly the price shot up to well above what I was prepared to pay or in my opinion what the submarine was actually worth so apart from a few pics I never actually got to see it.

I believe that the 3rd party hyped the price up so perhaps he would gain financially by selling the models on behalf of Mike's wife which I feel is not right at all.  I am quite happy to pay a decent price for a submarine but I am not prepared to pay well over the odds for one.

Oh well I will just have to be patient and see what else comes up for sale.

Ah...I see. That's bloody cheeky, I'll have a quiet word with Ron Perrott and see what he can find out about that.

Rich

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:15 am