The Association of Model Submariners.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

* THE FORUM FOR ALL THOSE INTERESTED IN BUILDING AND OPERATING MODEL SUBMARINES *

Join the AMS - Registered Forum users can become members of the AMS and it's free ...... To join send an email with your name , address and phone number to amstreasure@googlemail.com

For a guide to past events see the "Shows and Events" section.

Papplewick Pumping Station SUBMARINE Day. 31st March - 1st April 2024.

$$$

&&&

::::

Who is online?

In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 180 on Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:03 am

Latest topics

» Information on camouflage patterns for German seahund
BBC One Show -  Piece on Resurgam EmptyFri Mar 15, 2024 4:36 pm by david f

» WW2 mini sub build
BBC One Show -  Piece on Resurgam EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 1:56 pm by geofrancis

» Not the hobby I expected :)
BBC One Show -  Piece on Resurgam EmptySun Mar 10, 2024 6:30 pm by cat

» 868/915 Mhz as a viable frequency for submarines.
BBC One Show -  Piece on Resurgam EmptyWed Mar 06, 2024 4:50 pm by tsenecal

» Sheerline gasket material
BBC One Show -  Piece on Resurgam EmptyMon Feb 19, 2024 9:24 pm by Michaelc

» Choice of CAD software and Printer for 3D printing
BBC One Show -  Piece on Resurgam EmptyThu Feb 15, 2024 1:53 pm by david f

» Engel Nautlus
BBC One Show -  Piece on Resurgam EmptyTue Feb 13, 2024 9:15 am by palmert6

» RF 27/433MHz maximum depth in pools (1-5 ppm chlorine, 6-8pH)
BBC One Show -  Piece on Resurgam EmptyThu Feb 08, 2024 2:05 pm by david f

» Arduino proportional control of a piston tank
BBC One Show -  Piece on Resurgam EmptyThu Feb 08, 2024 1:37 pm by david f

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 12425 messages in 1980 subjects

We have 1005 registered users

The newest registered user is Les

5 posters

BBC One Show - Piece on Resurgam

david f
    david f
    AMS Treasurer

BBC One Show -  Piece on Resurgam Empty BBC One Show - Piece on Resurgam

Post  david f Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:51 am

Hi All,

BBC One Show -  Piece on Resurgam Img_3423

That's me and Miranda Krestovnikoff  (Of Coast and the One show etc.) holding the Resurgam. If you can't work out who's who, she is the attractive one who is smiling!

It was a hectic and fun afternoon at Chester University Swimming pool putting Resurgam (and me!) through our paces. They were all very nice and helpful and Miranda got me through the interview, I think.

I presented her with an AMS badge on your behalf.

The photo shows the whole team.  They are moving on today to photograph the wreck itself. (Miranda is an accomplished sub aqua diver.)

Thanks also to Nigel and you Richard for dealing with the initial contact to the AMS and not announcing anything until we knew the session was actually going to happen. Thank you AMS!

David
    Tom(ADMIN)
    AMS Forum Owner

BBC One Show -  Piece on Resurgam Empty Re: BBC One Show - Piece on Resurgam

Post  Tom(ADMIN) Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:00 pm

Well done, David! I am really jealous, that Miranda Krestovnikoff is gorgeous! (hang on, need to take a blood pressure tablet...)

I'm glad all went well, now I'm looking forward to seeing the show when it's broadcast (do we know when it's due to be shown yet?)

Hope you got in plenty of plugs for the AMS? If I know you, you've probably talked her into becoming a member and relieved her of £15 membership fee...

Congratulations once again!

Richard
    nigele(ADMIN)2
    nigele(ADMIN)2
    AMS Chairman

Post  nigele(ADMIN)2 Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:19 pm

I take it that Miranda is the one with the hair ?????
    Tom(ADMIN)
    AMS Forum Owner

Post  Tom(ADMIN) Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:23 pm

nigele wrote:I take it that Miranda is the one with the hair ?????
    Ouch...
    merriman
    merriman

Post  merriman Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:56 pm

Congratualtions to the AMS for their participation in that production. How can we see this in the States? Will it be available on DVD, Youtube, etc.?

David
    Tom(ADMIN)
    AMS Forum Owner

Post  Tom(ADMIN) Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:01 pm

I'll see if I can record it from my laptop, then upload it to YouTube...fingers crossed.
    merriman
    merriman

Post  merriman Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:22 am

Richard(Admin) wrote:I'll see if I can record it from my laptop, then upload it to YouTube...fingers crossed.
    Thank you sir.

David
    david f
    david f
    AMS Treasurer

Post  david f Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:30 pm

They said that will send me a DVD of the programme and will email me when it is to be broadcast. (It may be some weeks and I suppose there is still no guarantee that it will be broadcast and it is only 4.5 minutes long!)

After that I imagine it can be uploaded to You tube etc.

It was hard work gettting the model to perform in pool conditions but it was good fun and the whole team and Miranda were very nice to work with.

But no, I have not let it change my life. Still the modest egomaniac I have always been!

David
    Tom(ADMIN)
    AMS Forum Owner

Post  Tom(ADMIN) Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:43 pm

Is that your Ferrari parked outside your house?
    ajg141
    AMS member

Post  ajg141 Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:47 pm

David, I hope you feature longer than I did.  After an 11 hour day filming for another of these programmes not so much as a second reached the final edit! Still I did get lunch out of them. And Richard - the Morgan outside my house certainly didn't come from the fee! I don't think David would take to a Ferrari anyway - too modern!

Andrew
    Tom(ADMIN)
    AMS Forum Owner

Post  Tom(ADMIN) Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:20 am

I remember back in 1988 when Meridian TV did a piece on my Patrick Henry, they came to my house and I had to open the boat up and describe what was what, then they hired the old Prince Regent swimming pool in Brighton and we spent the morning sailing up and down, doing mock attacks on the underwater video cameraman, and generally showing off with it...a whole day's worth of filming for around a couple of minutes of actual tv time!

No Ferrari for me either, but my daughter and myself did get a free lunch out of it...

BBC One Show -  Piece on Resurgam 40349710  BBC One Show -  Piece on Resurgam 1339_110
    david f
    david f
    AMS Treasurer

Post  david f Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:34 pm

Richard perhaps we will get all get our 2 minutes of TV fame, eventually! (Apart from poor Andrew that is!) (Nice photos by the way, Richard)

And Andew I'm sure I could get used to a Ferrari outside the house, given the chance!

David
    Tom(ADMIN)
    AMS Forum Owner

Post  Tom(ADMIN) Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:56 pm

Those photos are stills from the video that the underwater cameraman took, they are scans from the originals.

There's also a bit of a story to the pic with my daughter in shot...she was fifteen at the time, and and few seconds after that shot, one of her boobs fell out of her swimming costume! The word 'embarrassed' doesn't begin to describe her feelings, bless her little cotton socks. The editing team did remove that bit of footage though, with daughter looking on...just to make sure.

david f
    david f
    AMS Treasurer

Post  david f Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:34 pm

Hi All,

Just had a message from the Beeb that the Resurgam piece will not be on the "One Show".

Oh well it will join Andrew's piece on the cutting room floor. It was fun anyway and the model has recovered from the flooding.

Many are called but few are chosen!

David
    Tom(ADMIN)
    AMS Forum Owner

Post  Tom(ADMIN) Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:45 pm

That's a shame, David...so no royalty cheques for you either, then?
    david f
    david f
    AMS Treasurer

Post  david f Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:33 pm

No Richard.

But fortunately I haven't let it affect my lifestyle too much. I've already cancelled the order for the second Ferrari as a result of the news.

David
    ajg141
    AMS member

Post  ajg141 Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:40 pm

I feel for you David. All that effort and nothing to show for it. So you'll be driving around in your sardine can for a bit longer then. Maybe we'll both feature in a forthcoming 'outtakes' show.

Andrew
    david f
    david f
    AMS Treasurer

Post  david f Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:39 am

Yes indeed Andrew!

I wonder where the stuff ends up? In the old days they just deleted the videotapes and re-used them.

Maybe there is some sort of "Digital Heaven" where both our humble attempts will live for ever?!

David
    Tom(ADMIN)
    AMS Forum Owner

Post  Tom(ADMIN) Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:44 am

Did you get a copy of the footage before it was destroyed, David?
    david f
    david f
    AMS Treasurer

Post  david f Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:40 pm

I haven't bothered to ask, Richard.
    They were nice to deal with all along and I know what my model looks like. (In my opinion, it actually looks more authentic on the Barrow pond than it does in a "blue" swimming pool!)

David
    david f
    david f
    AMS Treasurer

Post  david f Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:19 pm

Hi Chaps,

Busy night on TV for submarines! (See the post about the BBC2 programme at 9pm also.)

The BBC have just let me know that the piece on "Resurgam" will be on the One Show tonight at 7pm.

Sadly my contribution (and my model) never made it to the screen but it was fun meeting the whole team at the University swimming pool in Chester.

Enjoy the piece on the Reverend Garrett - quite a guy!

David

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:53 am